ESSIAC TEA RECIPE:
21 oz. Burdock Root - cut (Arctium lappa)
16 oz. Sheep Sorrel Herb - powdered (Rumex acetosella)
1 oz. Turkey Rhubarb Root - powdered (Rheum palmatum)
4 oz. Slippery Elm Bark - powdered (Ulmus fulva)
Makes 10 cups of dry formula
5 gallon stainless steel or pyrex pot
3 gallon stainless steel or pyrex pot
Stainless steel fine mesh double strainer
Stainless steel funnel
Stainless steel spatula
12 or more 16 oz. amber glass bottles with airtight caps
(not childproof caps)
2 gallons sodium-free distilled water
(plus 2 extra gallons for future
use in diluting the finished product)
Kitchen scale with ounce measurements
CAUTION: All bottles and caps must be sterilized after use if you plan to re-use them for Essiac. Bottle caps must be washed and rinsed thoroughly, and may be cleaned with a 3% solution of food grade hydrogen peroxide in water.
- Mix dry Essiac formula thoroughly.
- Bring sodium-free distilled water to a rolling boil in 5-gallon pot with lid on. (Approximately 30 minutes)
Bring sodium-free distilled water to a rolling boil in 5-gallon pot with lid on. (Approximately 30 minutes)
- Stir in 1 cup of Essiac formula. Replace lid and continue boiling 10 minutes.
- Turn off stove. Scrape down sides of pot with spatula and stir mixture thoroughly. Replace lid.
- Allow pot to remain closed for 12 hours; then turn stove to full heat for 20 minutes.
- Turn off stove. Strain liquid into 3-gallon pot, and clean 5-gallon pot and strainer. Then strain filtered liquid back into 5-gallon pot.
- Use funnel to pour hot liquid into bottles immediately, taking care to tighten caps. Allow bottles to cool; then tighten caps again.
- Refrigerate. Essiac contains no preservative agents. If mold should develop in bottle, discard immediately.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Heat 4 tablespoons (2 oz.) sodium-free distilled water in a stainless steel pot. Add 4 tablespoons of Essiac formula (shake bottle first). Mix and drink.
Take at bedtime on an empty stomach, at least 2 hours after eating.
Note: To make smaller batches of the tea, the ratio is 1/8 cup per 1 quart of water.
The dry formula can be purchased from Tenzing Momo at the Pike Place Market (206) 623-9837. The recipe above is a full order, costs about $50.00, and is enough for daily use for three months. They are happy to work with you to fulfill your needs and can break this formula down into smaller portions if necessary.
© 2003-2018. All trademarks and registered trademarks
are property of their respective owners.
Return to Articles Page
Email Doc Eva